What are the telltale signs that you should replace your furnace? I know, you don’t want to think about it, but you had better do so as the New Year is upon us. It is not going to warm up any time soon and a new furnace is not just for now, but for many years in the future. Albuquerque area winters are cold and harsh.
Here are some of the signs –
1. Obviously, old age. The life expectancy of a natural gas furnace is just under 20 years.
2. Your energy bills are rising. Efficiency decreases and bills increase.
3. Frequent repairs. It is costing more to keep it going than to replace it.
4. Some rooms are warmer than others.
5. If you have a mostly yellow flame it is producing too much carbon monoxide.
That last point is a serious one. It is not only inefficient, but downright dangerous! When you notice any of these traits call Albuquerque area heating expert Eric Montoya of E M Plumbing and Heating. Warm, safe air in ABQ is just a phone call away. Get a free estimate right away by calling (505) 980-9334.